We have such special features to show you…
In the 1980s, Clive Barker changed the face of horror fiction, throwing out the rules to expose new vistas of terror and beauty, expanding the horizons for every genre writer who followed him. With Hellraiser, his first feature film as director, he did the same for cinema.
Hedonist Frank Cotton (Sean Chapman) thinks he has reached the limits of earthly pleasure, but a mysterious puzzle box will take him further than he can possibly imagine, opening the doors to a dominion where pain and pleasure are indivisible and summoning the Cenobites, whose experiments in the higher reaches of experience will tear Frank’s soul apart. When he manages to escape, Frank returns to the world skinless and in need of help. Now his former lover Julia (Clare Higgins) must kill to make him whole again; but the Cenobites want Frank back, and there’ll be hell to pay when they find him. Hellbound: Hellraiser II expands on Barker’s original vision as screenwriter Peter Atkins takes Julia Cotton, her step daughter Kirsty (Ashley Laurence) and the sinister Dr. Channard (Kenneth Cranham) into the dominion of the Cenobites themselves. Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth sees Pinhead set loose on the sinful streets of New York City to create chaos with a fresh cadre of Cenobitic kin. Meanwhile, Hellraiser: Bloodline sinks its hooks into past, present and future as it tells the story of Phillip LeMarchand, the 18th century toymaker who made the Lament Configuration puzzle box; his descendent John Merchant, a 20th century architect whose most recent building bears a striking resemblance to the Lament Configuration; and Dr. Paul Merchant, a 22nd century engineer and designer of The Minos, a space station that is a great deal more than it seems.
Experience the sublime agony of this quartet of torment like you never have before in all new 4K restorations from the original camera negatives. Hell has never looked better!
FOUR DISC ULTRA HD LIMITED EDITION CONTAINS…
• Brand new and exclusive 4K restorations of Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth and Hellraiser: Bloodline by Arrow Films from the original camera negatives
• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentations in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of all four films
• Original lossless stereo audio plus DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround for all four films
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentaries for all four films by film critic Kim Newman and Hellraiser unit publicist Stephen Jones, also joined by screenwriter Peter Atkins on Hellraiser: Bloodline
• Power of Imagination, a brand new 60-minute discussion about Hellraiser and the work of Clive Barker by film scholars Sorcha Ní Fhlainn (editor of Clive Barker: Dark Imaginer) and Karmel Kniprath
• Unboxing Hellraiser, a brand new visual essay celebrating the Lament Configuration by genre author Alexandra Benedict (The Beauty of Murder)
• The Pursuit of Possibilities, a brand new 60-minute discussion between acclaimed horror authors Paula D. Ashe (We Are Here To Hurt Each Other) and Eric LaRocca (Everything the Dark Eats) celebrating the queerness of Hellraiser and the importance of Clive Barker as a queer writer
• Flesh is a Trap, a brand new visual essay exploring body horror and transcendence in the work of Clive Barker by genre author Guy Adams (The World House)
• Newly uncovered extended EPK interviews with writer/director Clive Barker and stars Andrew Robinson, Clare Higgins, Ashley Laurence, and effects artist Bob Keen shot during the making of Hellraiser
• Hell Was What They Wanted!, a brand new 80-minute appreciation of Hellbound, the Hellraiser mythos and the work of Clive Barker by horror authors George Daniel Lea (Born in Blood) and Kit Power (The Finite)
• That Rat-Slice Sound, a brand new appreciation of composer Christopher Young’s scores for Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser II by film critic and author Guy Adams
• Unrated version of Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (contains standard-definition inserts)
• Newly uncovered workprint version of Hellraiser: Bloodline, with alternate music score and deleted scenes (standard-definition only)
• The Beauty of Suffering, a brand new featurette exploring the Cenobites connection to goth, fetish cultures and BDSM
• Plus a wealth of archive commentaries and featurettes, including interviews with Clive Barker, Doug Bradley, Tony Randel, Anthony Hickox, Sean Chapman, Paula Marshall and others
• Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Oink Creative
• 200-page hardbound collectors book featuring new writing by Clive Barker archivists Phil and Sarah Stokes