From Robert Eggers, the visionary director of The Witch and The Northman, comes The Lighthouse, a hypnotic and hallucinatory tale of two men teetering on the edge of sanity.
Two “wickies” – one inexperienced (Robert Pattinson, Tenet), the other a grizzled veteran (Willem Dafoe, To Live and Die in LA) – arrive on a remote New England island in the 1890s for a four-week stint maintaining the local lighthouse. But as isolation and personal differences take their toll, both men slowly succumb to their inner demons and to the strange, otherworldly allure of the lighthouse itself…
Featuring virtuoso performances by its two leads, striking and period-authentic monochrome photography, and shot through with wickedly dark humour, The Lighthouse is an intense, claustrophobic experience like no other that cements Eggers’ status as one of the most exciting filmmakers of our time.
Also available on Limited Edition Blu-ray, The Lighthouse 4K UHD on June 12.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• 4K (2160p) Ultra HD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible), approved by director Robert Eggers
• Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo audio options
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary by authors Guy Adams and Alexandra Benedict
• Audio commentary by co-writer/director Robert Eggers
• Art of Darkness: Making The Lighthouse – a brand new, in-depth documentary on the film, its production, themes and influences, featuring new interviews with co-writer/director Robert Eggers, director of photography Jarin Blaschke, production designer Craig Lathrop, costume designer Linda Muir and authors Guy Adams and Alexandra Benedict
• The Lighthouse Next Door: The Consuming House Tale of Robert Eggers’ The Lighthouse – a brand new visual essay on the film and its folklore influences by author and critic Kat Ellinger
• The Lighthouse: A Dark & Stormy Tale – a three-part documentary on the making of the film
• Deleted scenes
• Two theatrical trailers
• Image gallery
• Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeffrey Alan Love
• Limited edition 60-page perfect bound book featuring new writing on the film by Simon Abrams, Wickham Clayton, Martyn Conterio and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
• Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeffrey Alan Love
• Six double-sided collector’s postcards